Saturday, February 27, 2010

Going Monet on it....





The best laid plans.....
Okay, so almost a month has passed and my whole world has changed. For the better, but its been busy for the last month. I got a new job, less hours, more pay, more time to play!
I have been a teeny bit creative, trying to get done things for swaps. I used my distress inks to dye silk and then I went "Monet on it". Waterlilies in silk ribbon, with painted pads. Thats it so far on that piece-of which there will be two, cause my lilies ended up upside down on the first one. At least upside down for the bag that was to be made from it-now it will be a pretty picture type thingy. And I had completed a third piece, another amulet bag, but am going to change it. The beads on the side are bugging me-to heavy. This one is dyed with Tattered Rose Distress Ink and stamped with Ancient Page Sage green ink and painted with Twinkling H2O's. Its beaded and handstitched together. Roses are made with Sari Ribbon I've been hoarding cause its just tooo pretty.Crocheted with some silky embroidery floss for hanging. And yes, this is something I am just going to "give away". The bookmarks were also a swap. Played with my masks and new stamps I got from Amanda at Everafter. Love Cornish Heritage Farms stamps! Its been awhile since I did them-had to be mid January, cause the swap was due Feb 1st. I think I started out with a greenish background paper from Basic Grey 6x6 piece, placed my masks, then Distress Inked with Broken China. Stamped images with some small FancyPants designs, white chalk ink pen detail, and then stamped the verses. Oh yeah, and handstitched around the patterned paper, just cause!
Okay, now I feel slightly redeemed. Haven't been a total creative slug!
Ohhh and I may have some more big news next week, so watch for it!!
Time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment